This Saturday, Feb 25, we are welcoming a team of volunteers from Washington State University (WSU) Research and Extension Center in Mount Vernon. Thanks to Dr.Lindsey for organizing friends and colleagues for a day of trail building!
Here’s our plan for the day:
- Fill, grade, and level using native soil
- Spreading and compacting crushed rock
- Final capping with fine gravel
- Preparing the meadow for spring grass seed
- Trail side restoration – transplanting ferns, spreading leaves to make the trail look like it’s always been there!
We are anticipating cold (but dry) weather – please dress warmly and bring water and a hearty lunch.
At the trail head we will have the fire pit stoked and hot drinks for all. Our safety meeting begins at 9am, so plan to arrive a little early.
If you haven’t already signed up, it’s not too late. Visit our website form.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday!
You must be logged in to post a comment.