We are building trails at Northern State Recreation Area (NSRA), a Skagit County Park located in Sedro Woolley, WA. As part of a larger plan and collaborative effort between the City of Sedro Woolley, Port of Skagit, and Skagit County Parks and Rec, we have done work to connect and improve properties owned by these three entities.
- Completed the Dovetail Bridge. It connects the Port of Skagit SWIFT Campus Center to Northern State Recreation Area.
- Built the Brickyard Creek Trail. It connects the SWIFT Campus to the future site of a city park at Thompson Pond.
In 2020 & 2021 (after taking time off due to COVID-19 pandemic):
- Completed the first half of the Pump House Trail on the east side of Hill Creek at Northern State Recreation Area.
- Removed invasive ivy at Thompson Pond.
Our plan for 2022-2023:
- Completed the Pump House Bridge at the south end of Hill Creek.
- We will build a small pedestrian bridge at the north end of the creek.
- We will complete the Pump House Trail Loop. When finished, the trail loop will be just over 2 miles long.
Is there a map of the new trail system?
Not yet! Many park improvements are underway at Northern State Recreation Area. The project of creating signs and a trail map is managed by Skagit County Parks and Recreation. We do not have a date as to when this will be completed.
Below is the project plan map we are working from. We are currently building the Pump House Trail Loop (highlighted in green).