We are building trails at Northern State Recreation Area (NSRA), a Skagit County Park located in Sedro Woolley, WA. This is collaborative effort between the City of Sedro Woolley, Port of Skagit, and Skagit County Parks and Rec. We have done work to connect and improve properties managed by these three entities.
- Completed the Dovetail Bridge. It connects the Port of Skagit SWIFT Campus Center to Northern State Recreation Area.
- Built the Brickyard Creek Trail. It connects the SWIFT Campus to the future site of Sedro-Woolley’s park at Thompson Pond.
In 2020 & 2021 (after taking time off due to COVID-19 pandemic):
- Completed the the Pump House Trail (that is on the east side of Hill Creek at Northern State Recreation Area).
- Removed invasive ivy at the west end of Thompson Pond.
- Completed the Pump House Bridge at the south end of Hill Creek.
- Began work on the Pump House Trail Loop, when the bridge was done.
Our plan for 2023-2024:
- To build a pedestrian bridge at the north end of Hill Creek.
- We will complete the Pump House Trail Loop. When finished, the trail will be just over 2 miles long.
- Begin work on an additional loop trail that follows Hansen Creek’s east bank.
Is there a map of the new trail system?
Not yet! Many park improvements are underway at Northern State Recreation Area. The project of creating trail signage and a trail map is managed by Skagit County Parks and Recreation. The work is underway, but we do not know when it will be completed.
You must be logged in to post a comment.