Skagit Trail Builders (STB) is committed to the safety of our volunteers, during the virus and beyond. Under the current Washington Ready statewide guidance and information, STB volunteers are being asked to comply with the following safety guidelines.
- Read through our safety protocols to see if you are comfortable volunteering.
- Sign up to be added to our team roster, it is for coordination, and to help ensure timely contact, if needed — to reduce risk.
- Bring your own food and water for the day. Talk to volunteer coordinators about meals at the site. If you do not feel comfortable sharing in snacks/meals, as available, then since you have your own – you’ll be set…
- Check your email/phone before leaving for the site. Situations can change rapidly; updates will be shared as soon as possible.
- Stay home if exposed, or you feel unwell! See our list of specific health indicators on the “Before Volunteering” document.
At the site:
- If NOT FULLY VACCINATED please wear a mask to the site. If you do not have a mask, a limited supply will be available.
- Masks are no longer required in outdoor spaces for fully vaccinated individuals; however, vaccinated individuals may still choose to wear a mask.
- Volunteers are no longer required to complete health screening forms before participating. Any participant who exhibits or reports symptoms of COVID-19 or has been in contact with a suspected or diagnosed case will be asked to come back at another time.
- Wash or sanitize hands before participating.
Before a session begins, we always go over our safety measures as a group. This will now include a discussion of the COVID related safety aspects of volunteering.
- Please do your best to limit tool sharing.
- Try to keep at least 6 feet of space between yourself and others.
- Wear your mask “if not fully vaccinated” when within 20 feet of others.
Updated October 14, 2021