Skagit Trail Builders (STB) is committed to the safety of our volunteers during COVID-19 and beyond. In phase 3 of the Safe Start plan, that began on March 22nd, volunteers were asked to comply with the following safety guidelines.
Special note: This week a change in outdoor volunteer event guidelines is expected.
- Read through our safety protocols to see if you are comfortable and can volunteer.
- Sign up on our special session roster, it is for coordination, and to help ensure timely contact, if needed – to help reduce risk.
- Carpool only with members of one’s immediate household, or with others only if adequate social distancing is possible.
- Bring your own food and water for the day.
- Check your email/phone before leaving for the site. Situations can change rapidly; updates will be shared as soon as possible.
- Stay home if exposed, or you feel unwell!
At the site:
- Wear a mask to the site. If you do not have a mask, a limited supply will be available.
- All volunteers must take part in a brief health screening before participating. Any participant who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or has been in contact with a suspected or diagnosed case will be asked to come back at another time.
- Wash or sanitize hands before participating.
Before a session begins, we always go over our safety measures as a group. This will now include a discussion of the COVID related safety aspects of volunteering.
- Please limit your tool sharing as much as is possible.
- Try to keep at least 6 feet of space between yourself and others.
- Wear your mask when you are within 20 feet of others.