Skagit Trail Builders (STB) is committed to the safety of volunteers, during the virus and beyond.
In phase 3 of the Safe Start plan, that began March 22nd, and following new guidance from the CDC — volunteers are being asked to comply with the following safety guidelines.
- Read through our safety protocols to see if you are comfortable and can volunteer.
- Sign up on our special session roster, it is for coordination, and to help ensure timely contact, if needed – to help reduce risk.
- Carpool only with members of one’s immediate household, or with others only if adequate social distancing is possible.
- Bring your own food and water for the day.
- Check your email/phone before leaving for the site. Situations can change rapidly; updates will be shared as soon as possible.
- Stay home if exposed, or you feel unwell!
At the site:
- If NOT FULLY VACCINATED wear a mask to the site. If you do not have a mask, a limited supply will be available. Masks are no longer required for the fully vaccinated.
- All volunteers must take part in a brief health screening before participating. Any participant who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or has been in contact with a suspected or diagnosed case will be asked to come back at another time.
- Wash or sanitize hands before participating.
Before a session begins, we always go over our safety measures as a group. This will now include a discussion of the COVID related safety aspects of volunteering.
- Please do your best to limit tool sharing.
- Try to keep at least 6 feet of space between yourself and others.
- Wear your mask “if not fully vaccinated” when within 20 feet of others.
Updated May 21, 2021